Friday, February 6, 2015

Review: Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Chidrens Books
Publishing Date: August 14th, 2014
Genre: YA Contemporary/Mystery
Pages: 336 pgs
ISBN: 9781471119163
Source: Borrowed from the library



Summary from Goodreads:
It all comes down to this. Oliver, Ethan and I. Three teens venture into an abandoned lake house one night. Hours later, only two emerge from the burning wreckage. Chloe drags one Reznick brother to safety, unconscious and bleeding. The other is left to burn, dead in the fire. But which brother survives? And is his death a tragic accident? Desperate self-defense? Or murder...? Chloe is the only one with the answers. As the fire rages, and police and parents demand the truth, she struggles to piece the story together- a story of jealousy, twisted passion and the darkness that lurks behind even the most beautiful faces. 

My Review:

Well I LOVED Dangerous Girls and thought that it was a book that too many people didn't read. I may have pushed it on a couple people and I had high hopes for this book. I was sad that it wasn't being published in Canada but that was soon squashed because I found a copy at my local library. Yay libraries! 
I read this book fairly quickly like I did Dangerous Girls but it did not live up to my expectations. This book follows two brothers vying for the same girl. At the beginning of the novel there is a fire and only one brother survives so you spend the whole story trying to figure out which brother survived and what exactly is going on. 
The buildup of this novel was nothing like the first book. This was seemed a little lackluster and definitely not as intense. It's not that I wasn't interested in what was going to happen next because I kept reading and reading quickly but I wasn't on the edge of my seat. 
I do like Haas' writing because it flows so well and the characters are interesting. For this reason, while I was reading it I was interested. 
Now that a few weeks has passed since I've read this book it's difficult to remember much. It's just not a story that sticks out in my mind. I'd say it's fun to read while reading it but doesn't leave a lasting impression. It's worth checking out especially if you read Dangerous Girls but if you had to choose one go for Dangerous Girls. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Dangerous Girls too, but even though I liked Dangerous Boys it wasn't as good.

    ReplyDelete