Sunday, July 20, 2014

Life gets in the way.


Derek and I in Toronto
Well, it's been a long time since my last post. If I'm being honest, this year has been quite a fail in terms of the blog. It's not that I haven't been reading because I've been reading steadily. It's mostly because my life has been a bit of a shit show. I'm just now starting to pick some pieces back together.

Coral we made for the set.
About a year ago I posted about my struggles with fertility. Well, I'm still struggling with the same thing except it's been even more challenging. I was taking some hormones to help me out but as it turns out after quite a few months on them it turns out they weren't working. This devastated me. I have always grown up thinking I was going to have children. My jobs have been child-centric and I have never thought of a life without children. All that to say, I had a bit of a crisis of identity when I found out that not having children may be a life that I would lead. I have struggled with depression since my early 20s but I have been able to manage it without medication for quite some time now. This winter I had a very difficult time with my depression and a lot went to the wayside.

This is all sounding very grim but there is still some hope for my husband and I. We are at the IVF stage of the fertility process. This is quite expensive so we are taking some time to regroup and save up for the process. The Ontario government announced in April that it may fund one round of IVF but we are waiting to see what happens. We are trying to stay positive throughout this but at times it is difficult.


Baxter.   Showing off the costumes for the Little Mermaid
 I am starting to pull through the depression and that's why I decided to write this post. I will try my best to keep up with the reviews but at the same time this is a hobby for me. I will be posting when I am able to. I hope that you will continue to read my blog and enjoy it but just know that it may not be as frequent as other blogs are.
Spraying students with water guns.

There have been many positives this year too. I had a wonderful, grade 1 class, and helped put on our school musical of The Little Mermaid. I also spent some quality time with my husband on a little weekend trip in Toronto where we enjoyed some good eats and visited the aquarium. I've been to see Lady Antebellum, Tim Hicks and Sam Hunt and had beach days. Derek and I also adopted a very cute little puppy. So we are now parents to a very cute black lab/spaniel mix named Baxter. Another big help has been my friends. The blogging community is amazing and I am so glad that I have met some great ladies. We have had some laughter, minor debates about music and books and above all supported each other. Thank you for being there Ciara, Katie, Emilie, Katherine, Kim, Jess and Kathy.  I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely summer and thanks again for following.
Egg Drop, Beach Day with Ciara, Lady Antebellum

I wish you all happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment