Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie Adaptations


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is top ten best/worst movie adaptations.  I've decided to break mine up into the best and the worst.

The Best:


 Harry Potter.  All of them.  I don't think I need to provide an explanation for this one. 



 Life of Pi.  This movie was so visually stunning and I think I may have liked it even better than the book. 



Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  Again I don't think much explanation is needed and I'm fairly certain that many people will have this on their list. 

 

The Walking Dead.  I love me some scary movies/shows.  

 

True Blood/The Sookie Stackhouse novels.  I have to admit that the past few seasons have not been great but I did quite enjoy the first few seasons. 

 

Water for Elephants.  I really enjoyed the book and while some didn't like the movie as much I have to admit that I quite liked it. 



The Worst:


Beautiful Creatures.  I listened to this book an audio and liked it so I was a little upset when I watched the movie and I found it to be very poorly done. 
 

The Hunger Games.  Okay, Okay I know I'm going to get some major hate for this one but I have to say that this is a case where I enjoyed the book much more than the movie.  I just think it's so hard to make it intense like the novel when the movie is geared towards all ages. 

 

The Lucky One.  I liked the book enough but the movie was sooooo cheesebag!

 

 My Sister's Keeper.  All I have to say is that I yelled at the TV for the better part of an hour after this movie was done.  Who the hell completely changes the ending when the ending was so perfect to begin with. 

 

Twilight.  This goes without saying.  The CG on this movie was really ridiculous. 

 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have listed as your faves/most hated.  Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! The Harry Potter movies are great and I've heard Beautiful Creatures is terrible. I actually loved The Hunger Games (although it wasn't as good as the book), but it did make our Best list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing lots of Nicholas Sparks so far! I put The Notebook and A Walk to Remember on my fave list and The Last Song and Dear John on my least favourite list. Interesting to see Water for Elephants. I think Robert Pattinson was a good pick but Reese (who I looove) let me down. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete