Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top YA books of the Year

Well, it's that time of year where we all compile our top 10 books of the year.  Well, I just can't do it this year.  I simply cannot pick only 10 books that I loved this year.  This year I read over 140 books which is an all time high for me and I think it's only fitting to pick 20 books that I loved this year.  I will be splitting these up into 2 posts.  This post will be all my fave YA books of the year and tomorrow I will post my fave adult books of the year.  So without further ado, I present to you all my fave YA books of 2012.




Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler: This book made me ugly cry like no other.  I can`t believe I waited so long to read it. 

Th3teen R3asons Why by Jay Asher: Again, another ugly cry book.  That being said, I loved the idea/concept of this book so much.  It was truly haunting.  



 Never Enough by Denise Jaden: Wow, is all I can say about this book.  It not only dealt with eating disorder issues but it also did it in a way that shows how a family can be torn apart by it while also dealing with their own problems. 

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: Okay, I don't know if this is cheating because it only comes out in 2013 but I read it in 2012 so I'm counting it.  Since I make the rules, I think this is A-OK.  Anyhow, I wasn't too sure about Cinder when I read but wanted to continue with the story and I was not disappointed.  I liked this better than the first!




 Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler: This was my introduction to Sarah Ockler and I love love love her books!  This book definitely hit home and reminded me a bit of growing up and trying to find my way as a teen. 

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma: This book was so disturbing but it worked.  Again, another book that hit close to home.  No- not the incest part but the part about a less than ideal living situation and the bonds it forms between siblings. Again let me say that it was not the incest part.



Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I think this on EVERYONE'S list but I had to add it in as well.  I love where the story is going and I can't wait to read more. 

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: Again this is on most people's list.  I can see why.  One word: Noah! Oh and I guess one phrase that comes to mind WTF.  


This Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth: If I had to pick my all-time favourite it would be this book.  It deals with a teen trying to come to terms with her homosexuality in a highly Christian world.  LOVED IT! 

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: Another second in a series and it left off in another cliffhanger.  2013 is going to be a great year for endings.  


Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: This book is excellently written and deals with all kinds of contemporary issues. It made me cry and I wasn't expecting it. 

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: Oh dear, what's with the ugly crying books this year.  They all seem to be my faves.  This one was a great read.  


 Trafficked by Kim Purcell: This book is about human trafficking and not into prostitution which is the kind of book I have never read before. It was intriguing. 

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: I listened to this as an audiobook and quite enjoyed.  I can't wait to see how the series progresses in 2013.


Well there were a lot and like I say I make the rules so I hope you enjoyed.  Stay tuned tomorrow for my fave adult reads of 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment