Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: I Confess

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's edition is a rewind version.  That means that you get to pick a topic that we missed out on.  I have chosen one that was done not too long ago.  I am going to do my top ten bookish confessions so here goes:

1. I dog ear books.  Yes, I know, that is a cardinal sin in the book community but I do it from time to time, especially if it's a book I know I won't be keeping.

2. I had so many fines at the library from my younger, more irresponsible years, that I had to wait until I changed my last name to get a new library card.  Now that I have my new card, I have never been late with my books.

3. I own more books that I haven't read than I own that are read.  My book buying habits are slightly out of control.  Oh well.

4. I almost never re-read books.  I find that there are just too many books out there that I want to read that are new.  I don't want to waste precious time re-reading when I can read something new. 

5. I much prefer stand alones to series.  I hate having to wait for the next book of a series to come out. 

6. Every time I walk into a book store I have an overwhelming desire to read every book in the store and may even slightly think it's possible. 

7. When I am done reading a book, for a few days later, I am always wondering what the characters in the book are doing.  I almost feel like I know them.

8.  I am like a giddy school girl every time an author I know contacts me via Twitter.  It's like chatting with a celebrity.

9.  Most of my friend in real life don't know much about my blog.  They don't really get the extent of my love of reading. 

10.  Most times, I'd rather stay home and read rather than go out a night with friends. 

Well, that's it for my bookish confessions.  Please no judging :)

3 comments:

  1. I definitely don't dog ear, but I won't chastise you for doing it. I used to reread more, but like you said there are just too many books and lately I just don't feel like I have the free time to spend re-reading when there's a new adventure to explore.

    New follower! Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to a lot of these - I dog ear books too, I don't re-read much, and I MUCH prefer stand alone books to series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D I'm the same way when authors talk to me on Twitter. It's such a rush!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete