Friday, October 19, 2012

ARC Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Children
Publishing Date: October 23rd, 2012
Genre: YA
Pages: 544 pgs
ISBN: 9781442421790
Source: Borrowed from a fellow blogger

Rating: 4 stars

Summary from Goodreads:
 Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


My Review: 
I loved the first book in this series and it feels like I have been waiting forever to read the second installment of this series.  I have to say that this book was just as good as the first one.  It continues where The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer leaves off.  I don't want to say too much because if you haven't read the first book (and if you haven't can I ask why?) then I don't want to spoil it for you.  
This book continues its whatthefuckery in fine fashion.  I kept asking myself what is happening here and then I couldn't read it fast enough.  
Hodkin continues expanding on the supernatural aspect that began in the first novel.  Things keep getting a little more difficult for Mara and you can't help but feel bad for her.  No one seems to trust her and while you're reading you just want to scream at people to take her seriously but at the same time I think, I'm not so sure I would believe her either if she told me something like that.  
Then there's Noah.  Ahhh Noah. I didn't think he could get cuter but he does.  He is there for Mara through the entire novel and does the most over the top things to try to help her out.  I have to say that I wish there were more guys like that when I was in high school.  
The plot was fast paced in this novel and it made the 500 plus pages go by super quickly.  This is a book that helped me get out of my reading slump.  I have to say though that I'm going to have a hard time waiting for the next book after the ending of this novel.  I am not going to lie, I almost threw the book across the room after reading the ending.  I hate having to wait for anything and this is going to be torture. I just want to know what's going on!  Overall I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.  Go out and buy this as soon as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment