Monday, April 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: You Deceived Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's edition is the top ten books that deceived you.

Here is my list:

This book was presented as a type of mystery novel and I was totally thrown for a loop when fairies started being involed.... Great book though!

From my review yesterday you might know that I totally though this book would be funny and not quite as serious as it was.  I don't know why I thought that but I did.

The cover of this book would lead you to believe that this novel has a lot of ballet things in it when in fact it does not have much. 

When this book came out there was a lot of talk about this cover.  It deceived me because I thought that it would be a nice light beach read when in fact, while quite good, it is pretty serious.

This book seemed to me like it would be in the realm of chick lit and I was pleasantly surprised to find it more in the realm of historical fiction.

Based on the cover of this novel you would think this is about a happy childhood.  It is not and is quite a disturbing book.  It's still one of my favourites though.

What deceived me about this book is the fact that it is by Alice Sebold (she wrote The Lovely Bones).  I was expecting greatness and was seriously let down with this one.

This is a book that was picked for a book club that I was in and when I saw the cover I thought that it would be the most boring book of all time.  That is not the case and I couldn't put this book down. 

This book looks like a fun light beachy type read.  It is not and I ended up putting this book down. 

Again I thought this would be more in the realm of chick lit but it was a little more serious than that.  Again another excellent book. 

Well those are mine.  I know a lot of them are adult books but maybe they will inspire some of you to go out and try a few of them.  Sometimes deception can be surprising but good.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment