Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smart Chicks Kick It!

Recently I had the chance to meet up with some Ottawa area bloggers.  This wasn't just any get together though, we were all getting together to go to Smart Chicks Kick It.   It was an amazing event where we got to meet: Charles de Lint, Melissa Marr, Melissa de la Cruz, Margaret Stohl, Jennifer Lynn Barnes and my personal fave Kelley Armstrong.  It was an amazing night!

First a group of us met at a restaurant close to the signing.  This is the first time I got to meet some of my fellow bloggers and it was so nice.  It's great meeting people who are just as passionate about books as you are.  I was also excited because there are not many author events in the Ottawa area.  Most times they are in Toronto on a week night and that is a 5 hour drive for me.

At the signing there was a question and answer period and then we played some fun games.  It was really interesting listening to the authors talk about everything under the sun.  It really seems like they have a lot of fun on these tours.  Here are a few pictures from the evening:


The panel: Charles de Lint, Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Melissa de la Cruz, & Margaret Stohl


The crowd: fairly diverse.  I even saw my vice principal and a co-worker there with a group of students from my school.

Margaret Stohl- this woman has enough energy for the whole room

Again Margaret Stohl- during the lightning round

Some amazing bloggers: Chrystal from Snowdrop Reads, Em from Emilie's Book World, Carmel from Rabid Reads, Me and Catherine from The Lady Critic's Library

Getting our books signed.

The line up was insane!
Overall, a great night and I got a book signed from each author!  Yay!  I can't wait for more blogger get togethers and more author signings. 

1 comment:

  1. I had fun meeting you! :) I look forward to coming to Ottawa if/when there are more.

    ReplyDelete