Friday, May 27, 2011

Armchair BEA: About Blogging



Well, I know that this post is a little later in the day but I had a bit of a nutty day teaching so it's better late than never. Anyhow today's topic is blogging about blogging. I haven't been a blogger for long but can I see the value in it. I have seen several friendships made through blogging. It has only been within the past couple months that I have started to develop some of these relationships. I think that Twitter has definitely helped. I am more of a Facebook person myself so it took me a little while to warm up to the idea of Twitter. Now that I am on Twitter and using it regularly, I love seeing people's posts. I also find it a lot easier to develop relationships over Twitter. I have to admit that there is no one blogger that I can say I'm super close with or even term as a friend. Right now it is more just acquaintances and we will see where that goes. I find that I am more of a passive participant in twitter right now. I tend to follow and listen but I don't often reply or comment. In order to develop blogging relationships I think is something I need to work on. There are so many amazing bloggers out there and I am not gonna lie, I want to be part of that.
Another thing that I love about blogging is the interaction you have with authors. Before blogging, I would read a book and I would never imagine chatting with the author of said book. Now, I have authors commenting on my reviews, contacting me for reviews or just chatting with my on Twitter. It is amazing to hear from authors and know that they are reading what you are writing.
There are some things that I find challenging about blogging too. I find that sometimes my blog will go with minimal posts for a week or two and it drives me nuts. I just can't find the time to review sometimes because I'm teaching full time and working part time and planning a wedding. On top of all this I thought it would be a wonderful idea to take an online course entirely in French. I find myself stressing over my blog and I have to remind myself that I started this blog as something fun to do, as a hobby and that I shouldn't be sitting here stressing about it. If I lose a few followers for that, then so be it. I will admit the last couple of weeks I have been better about keeping up with my posts. I have set a lot of reviews up to post in the future and I think this is really just the best way to do it for me.
Anyhow, I think I have rambled on enough here and I am curious to see what the rest of you wrote. I hope you all enjoy a nice weekend and thanks for popping by the blog during Armchair BEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment