Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Mean Girls


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is about mean girls (or girls we'd like to bitch slap). Here is my list:

1. Bridget Duke in Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison:
This girl eventually does get bitch slapped by life but throughout the entire novel I wanted to shake this girl to her senses. I don't understand how you can treat people like that and not be aware of it.

2. Anne Boleyn in The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory:
I know this is based on history but this woman was a wreck. She was only concerned about power, power and more power. In the end again, she gets her head chopped off so I guess it goes to show that karma is a bitch.

3. Mrs. Coulter in The Golden Compass in Philip Pullman:
This woman has no maternal bone in her body. Not only this but she has no qualm hurting young children. I really dislike this woman.

4. Hilly in The Help by Kathryn Stockett:
This woman was the most racist and self-agrandizing person I have ever come across. I am not going to lie, I wanted to yell aloud at her while I was reading this book.

5. Jessica Wakefield in Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal:
I read Sweet Valley as a kid and teen and Jessica always rubbed me the wrong way but Elizabeth had a way to redeem Jessica at times. In this book which is 10 years later, Jessica carried on an affair with Todd (her sister's bf). I mean come on, do you really expect me to forgive you of this stupidity?

6. Delores Umbridge in Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
This woman is a monster! When she pulled out that magic pen that uses the blood of the user, I couldn't believe I was reading this. This character needs to be thrown to the Death Eaters.

7. A in Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
This unknown character takes pleasure in torturing other people. She is a complete bitch.

8. Amanda in Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This girl was a total douche to Anna. She constantly called her "La Moufette" and spread rumors. I just finished this book and I couldn't recommend it enough. It's super cute!

Anyhow, I only have 8 but this was a tough one. I can't wait to read what you wrote.


3 comments:

  1. Bridget and Mrs. Coulter made my list, too. I couldn't stand Bridget. She truly needed a good slap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wife/Serena Joy in the Handmaid's Tale

    ReplyDelete