Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Publishing Date: January 1rst, 2009
ISBN: 9780525421030
Pages: 196 pgs

Summary from GoodReads:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.


My Review:
I have to say once I started this book I could not put it down. I read this book in less than a day and I am so glad that I did. The whole book is narrated from Mia's point of view. Mia is travelling with her family when they get into a fatal car accident. Mia must now decide whether she wants to live or whether she wants to join her family in death. The book shows different aspects and people in her life and this helps her make her decision. I do not want to tell you what ends up happening but this book really puts life into perspective. It can make you question what life is without family. Mia's entire life as she knows it has just changed in one instant. I can't even imagine something so horrible happening and I think that's why I couldn't put this book down. It is a short read but it is something worth reading. I definitely recommend it to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite novels. I definitely recommend it to everyone also. :)

    ReplyDelete