Friday, December 17, 2010

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publishing Date: 08/01/2010
ISBN: 9780373210138
Pages: 359 pages

Summary from GoodReads:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart


My Review:

This is the second book in the Iron Fey series. I have to say that usually the second book in a trilogy isn't as good but Kagawa debunked this. I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one. The whole Puck/Ash love triangle continued and became even more complicated. I have to say I am still rooting for Puck. A few times as I was reading this novel I couldn't help but think that the relationship between Ash and Meghan is a bit unhealthy. The guy starts out ignoring her and treating her horribly in order to avoid the wrath of this mother; he then proceeds to attempt to kill her (albeit he was possessed). I keep thinking that Puck is a much better fit for Meghan than Ash will ever be. Here is hoping that Ash will make me change my mind in the next installment of this series. Other than that, the book was filled with even more mythology and the majority of the book is set in the land of NeverNever. I really like the imagination that went into the making of these books. One other thing that doesn't sit well with me is that Meghan is always leaving her human family for her fey family. I just keep thinking that I would want to go back home and make sure everything was alright. Other than these two minor irritations with the book, I really enjoyed reading this book. As mentioned before, I usually don't like the 2nd book in a trilogy but I quite enjoyed this novel. The character development continued but I would like to know a bit more about King Oberon. We haven't seen much of him in the series yet. I am quite curious to know what will happen next. I am glad I have the third book and I will start on this soon. Overall, I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment