Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Postcard Killers by James Patterson

Publisher: Hachette Book Group/Little, Brown and Company
Publishing Date: August 16th, 2010
ISBN: 9780316089517
Pages: 420 pgs

Summary from GoodReads:
NYPD detective Jack Kanon is on a tour of Europe's most gorgeous cities. But the sights aren't what draw him--he sees each museum, each cathedral, and each restaurant through a killer's eyes.

Kanon's daughter, Kimmy, and her boyfriend were murdered while on vacation in Rome. Since then, young couples in Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm have become victims of the same sadistic killers. Now Kanon teams up with the Swedish reporter, Gabby Larsen. Every killing is preceded by a postcard to the local newspaper--and Kanon and Larsen think they know where the next victims will be.


My Review:
I have read a lot of James Patterson books and generally I like them for what they are: suspenseful quick reads. The same can be true of this book. I really enjoyed the premise of this book and I liked that Patterson and Marklund focused a lot of their writing on character development. Most times these novels are plot driven and this is not to say that this novel isn't plot driven but it also focuses on the relationships between the characters. I enjoyed reading about the different countries and the different art pieces that were written about in this book. I feel that the authors really pushed the boundary of what is acceptable and I liked it. My only criticism of the novel is about the way the authors ended it. I felt that there was a big lead up to catching the killers and then in the end it was quickly tied up and concluded. I would have liked a little more in the finale of the novel. Overall, I feel this is one of Patterson's better books. I give this book 3.5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment