Monday, November 1, 2010

Chrissy's Shell by Brooke Keith


I don't often review children's books but I do read them quite often as I am an elementary school teacher. I have to say tat I would love to read this book in class. I think that if I teach in the Catholic school board this book would be perfect for a few lessons as well.
Chrissy's Shell is a children's book about a little turtle who is always comparing herself to others. I think this is a beautifully written story with wonderful illustrations and a good message for young children and adults alike. The book really examines the idea of self-worth and also incorporates a Christian aspect to it. It actually focuses on a Psalm that states: I praise you for I am...wonderfully made. This essentially means that we are all made in God's image and that we should not question our importance in this world. It's important for children and teens to know that if you spend all your time comparing yourself to others that you will never be able to fully know and appreciate your own self-value. I loved this book and I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment